Skip to main content

Purposeful Foolishness

 



Leadership is not merely about making a plan and sticking to it.

Sometimes remaining faithful to the purpose requires departing from the strategy.

In this edition of Leaning Leadership Ladder, I reflect on risk, failure, responsibility, and what I call “purposeful foolishness”—those moments when a leader must make a bold and possibly unpopular decision because it appears to be the right thing to do.

Courageous leadership is not careless. It listens to counsel, examines the evidence, weighs the consequences of acting and not acting, and accepts responsibility for whatever follows.

When have you had to depart from a plan in order to preserve a principle?

#Leadership #CourageousLeadership #DecisionMaking #EthicalLeadership #LeadershipDevelopment #LeaningLeadershipLadder

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/purposeful-foolishness-tom-sims-clfmc



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Are Not Done Until the Opposition Gives Up #quit #resilience #fight ...

Be and Sound Smarter for Clients with Linkedin News #linkedin #business ...

#QuestionforGroup : Have you utilized the news here to stay up-to-date on trends and to engage in trending conversations? How has it helped? You can be smarter as a business or professional coach or mentor and you can sound smarter as well. And add value to your business and professional clients as a coach and mentor. #linkedin #business #coaching #mentoring I want to share a tool I use to stay current with what’s happening in the world of business. It’s a complicated world, and if we’re going to be effective business coaches, it’s important to have a simple way to stay on top of what’s going on in the business community. The tool I find especially helpful is LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/sound-smarter-linkedin-news-tom-sims-l2vdc

Standing Up When You Are Knocked Down #adversity #trouble #redemption #v...

Standing Up When You Are Knocked Down Full Text, Supplemental Devotions and Music Free Friend Link - https://medium.com/@tomsims/standing-up-when-you-are-knocked-down-ca5228970b0a?sk=e8eb7256489d2e1216b366f12a4ad424 Medium Member Link - https://medium.com/@tomsims/standing-up-when-you-are-knocked-down-ca5228970b0a